Readymade Frames v Custom Framing
– They are readily available off the shelf, saving time and offering convenience.
– Readymade frames are typically made using basic materials, which may not provide the same level of durability as custom frames.
– Readymade frames are generally lower in cost, making them a more budget-friendly option.
– Readymade frames are usually made of inferior materials, such extruded plastic.
– Strut backs made of fibreboard.
– Corners are often pinned, and the backs can bend easily.
– The hangings in readymade frames may break free.
– There is a limited range of styles available for readymade frames, often offering more basic or standard designs.
– Colour options for readymade frames are usually limited, offering a narrower selection compared to custom frames.
– Size options for readymade frames are also limited, which may not accommodate artworks of all dimensions.
– Readymade frames typically come with one type of glass, often rolled glass, which may have slight imperfections and ripples.
– Readymade frames are mass produced, meaning they are manufactured in large quantities.
– Due to the mass production nature, the level of personalized advice or guidance provided for readymade frames may be limited.
In summary, readymade frames offer the advantages of lower cost, immediate availability, and basic framing options. However, they may have limitations in terms of materials, styles, colours, size options, glass quality, and personalized advice. Consider these factors when deciding which framing option is best suited for your needs and budget.
Custom Made Frames
– Custom made frames are generally more expensive but offer several advantages.
– They are made to order, tailored specifically to your artwork’s dimensions and requirements.
– Custom frames are crafted using high-quality materials, ensuring durability and longevity.
– There is a large range of styles available to choose from, allowing you to find the perfect match for your artwork.
– You have a wide array of colour choices to complement and enhance your artwork’s aesthetic.
– Custom frames can be made in any size, accommodating artworks of various dimensions.
– You have the option to select from various quality glazing options, such as regular glass, UV-protective glass, or museum-grade acrylic.
– Each custom frame is individually made by an expert framer, ensuring attention to detail and superior craftsmanship.
– Professional framers can provide expert advice on framing techniques, materials, and design options to enhance the presentation of your artwork.
In summary, while custom made frames may come with a higher price tag, they offer the benefits of quality materials, a wide range of styles and colour choices, custom sizing, various glazing options, and the expertise of a professional framer. The result is a frame that is uniquely crafted to enhance and protect your artwork.
Would You Like To Know More How We Can Help You With Your Framing Project?
Fill In Your Details Below And We Will Get Right Back To You.